Monday 3 October 2011

Thank you BAPRAS Council members!!!

I am really delighted to announce that BAPRAS Council has agreed to fund the e-LPRAS project through to completion.  I attended their meeting last week and made a presentation to support the Business Plan that I submitted for their consideration. This is a really generous offer and represents a major financial contribution by our professional association. I am very grateful to all the Council members for their support.

This means that we will be able to recruit  one more full time Instructional Designer from January 2012 to work alongside Stephen Gibbons, who becomes Lead Instructional Designer. He will spend some of his time supervising the work of the new ID  but will continue to work on sessions himself. I will also increase to 1.5 days per week (in reality one day and two days on alternating weeks). We aim to complete the project by the end of 2017.

BAPRAS  members will be asked to consider a motion at the AGM in December to increase the rate of funding (although the final cost remains unchanged) to allow completion by end of 2015. This will be a big financial commitment and Council felt (very appropriately in my opinion) that there should be wider discussion among members before this was agreed.

Once I have caught up with all those jobs I had to put off while I wrote the Business Plan, I will be sending out new topics for which we will need authors. If you have not written anything yet but would like to do so, please get in touch. We are looking for an international faculty to help us to produce an international learning resource, so please get in touch to discuss how you can help. We provide full support for authors, many of whom have never written for e-learning before. I can assure you that it is easy to learn (after all I did!!!)

Of course, this can only happen because we have a wonderful bunch of content authors already and my heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone who has supported the project to date. I look forward to working with all of you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment