Wednesday 25 September 2013

New sessions being added weekly

I am pleased to report that three more sessions went live on the e-lpras project web site (http://www.e-lfh.org.uk/projects/plastic-reconstructive-and-aesthetic-surgery/access-the-e-learning/). These are on:


  • Adjuvant Therapy in Sarcoma
  • Management of Regional Lymphadenopathy in Sarcoma
  • Bites in the Upper Limb. 

This means that all of the sarcoma sessions are now online - a very good revision tool for anyone preparing for the FRCS in plastic surgery.

I am still dealing with a backlog of sessions that have been written and transformed by the instructional design team but are now in my inbox waiting to be edited. If you are waiting to find out what is happening with your session I do apologise. I have been in discussion with BAPRAS to increase my time commitment to the project (aided by an additional grant for Health Education England) so I hope that this will start to improve.

Because of the backlog I am not actively recruiting more authors at the moment but if you would like to be working on something now and you have the time to do so, please get in touch with me (elpras.project@googlemail.com). All of the generic sessions have been written but there are plenty left to write within Head & Neck, Lower Limb, Breast, Trunk, Perineum, Burns.

Another piece of good news that I would like to share with you is that the British Society for Surgery of the Hand has approached BAPRAS to assist with writing the Upper Limb module. I am delighted that we will be able to share this very valuable learning tool and look forward to working with them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment